- Never store gasoline, paints or flammable liquids in your home.
- Store gasoline outside your home or in a detached garage or shed
in a well-ventilated area, and keep it stored in an approved
container. Use it only as a motor fuel, never as a cleaning agent.
- Store paint and other flammable liquids (turpentine, mineral
spirits, varnishes, camp stove fuels, etc.) in their original
containers with tight fitting lids. Store away from appliances,
heaters, pilot lights and other sources of flame or heat.
- Remember: never smoke near flammable liquids.
- Always store propane cylinders outside.
- Remove all trash from your house. Never store trash near
your furnace or heater.